About the Samsung QN65S95C
A slimmer, brighter OLED
Last year, Samsung released their first ever 4K OLED TV. This highly anticipated set combined the rich color of quantum dots with the infinite contrast of OLED to create a stunning picture. And this year's S95C offers a few big upgrades to Samsung's flagship OLED, including a picture that's 30% brighter. It also adds some excellent smart home and gaming features, as well as a slimmed down panel and Samsung's compact One Connect Box for a streamlined, tidy installation.
This year's hybrid design — Samsung calls it Quantum HDR OLED+ — uses an algorithm that tweaks the light output of individual pixels for superb brightness control. It delivers gorgeous color, detail, and contrast with HDR content, but you don't need a premium signal to enjoy excellent picture quality.
The S95C's Neural Quantum Processor 4K uses Artificial Intelligence to optimize your experience for all kinds of sources. Content is analyzed scene by scene against its built-in database of images to create a sharper picture with realistic texture and detail.
It also uses Samsung's Real Depth Enhancer. This algorithm identifies a scene's main subject and processes it to stand out from the background to improve the sense of depth.
Just in case your room or budget doesn't allow for a separate audio system yet, it's nice to see Samsung put some focus on this TV's audio quality. The S95C has a 70-watt 4.2.2-channel speaker system built into its frame. It's paired with their innovative AI-based Object Tracking Sound+ for directional sound effects that follow the action on the screen.
And if you connect it to certain Samsung sound bars, you can engage the Q-Symphony feature. This synchronizes the TV's speakers with the sound bar to create an even fuller soundstage.
The S95C uses the Tizen platform to consolidate a wide range of streaming services into a single user interface. Want to have a Steve Martin appreciation day? Watch your favorite vintage Saturday Night Live episodes on Peacock followed by Only Murders in the Building on Hulu — all from Samsung's full-screen Smart Hub.
Samsung has added built-in support for Zigbee and Thread/Matter. This allows the S95C's SmartThings hub to offer more seamless control of all your IoT devices.
Gamers love the low input lag and high-contrast picture offered by OLED TVs, and the S95C is an fantastic match for your console or PC. All four HDMI inputs support 4K at up to 144Hz. It also supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via AMD FreeSync Premium Pro for smooth, tear-free graphics and stunning HDR detail.
Game Mode is automatically activated thanks to ALLM support to reduce input lag for lightning-fast response time. You can also make real-time adjustments to your settings using the dedicated pop-up menu called Game Bar.
The S95C includes Samsung's eco-friendly SolarCell Remote. It has a built-in solar cell that is sensitive enough to keep the battery charged using the basic indoor lights in your home. Like prior Samsung remotes, this version makes it easy to control all your connected devices. It also has a button to activate your choice of included voice assistants: Bixby or Alexa.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- self-illuminating Quantum HDR OLED+ (Quantum Dot Organic Light Emitting Diode) display panel produces infinite picture contrast and absolute black
- OLED's pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel's pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, displaying exceptional picture detail, contrast, and depth
- Quantum Dot layer expands color volume for vibrant color even at high brightness levels
- Pantone Validated for rich, full-range color fidelity
- EyeComfort Mode evaluates your room's brightness and adjusts the TV's contrast settings accordingly
- HDR10, HDR10+ Adaptive/Gaming, and HLG for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Neural Quantum Processor 4K uses multi-layered neural networks to analyze and enhance video for incredible picture quality on all kinds of sources
- Real Depth Enhancer increases foreground contrast to make content feel more lifelike
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
- Expert Calibration for perfect color out of the box
- Filmmaker Mode automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo Pro blur reduction
Video source compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Samsung TV Plus lets you enjoy subscription-free TV with 150+ channels
- NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 tuner pulls in over-the-air 4K broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- built-in Bixby and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- also compatible with Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- built-in support for Zigbee and Thread/Matter
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- Smart Hub makes navigating to your favorite content easy
- built-in Apple AirPlay 2 allows wireless streaming from your Apple device
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring, including Multi View split screen
- Game Motion Plus optimizes settings for smooth game play
- all HDMI inputs support 4K up to 144Hz
- supports variable refresh rate via FreeSync Premium Pro and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- Super Ultrawide GameView lets you adjust the aspect ratio from 21:9 to 32:9 and move the screen position to eye level for compatible PC games, optimizing your playing experience
- Game Bar 3.0 on-screen menu lets you double check your input lag and make adjustments to your fps (frames per second), HDR, wireless headset settings, etc.
- Gaming Hub lets you stream games from Xbox Game Pass, NVIDIA GeoForce Now, Google Stadia, Utomik, and Luna directly on your TV with a compatible controller (sold separately; subscriptions required)
Connections (on slim One Connect Box):
- 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in 4.2.2-channel speaker system (70 watts total power)
- supports Dolby Atmos for immersive overhead effects
- Object Tracking Sound uses speakers built into TV's frame to create sound that tracks every motion on the screen
- Active Voice Amplifier analyzes ambient room noise and enhances voices for clear dialogue
- Q-Symphony 3.0 for a fuller soundstage with select Samsung sound bars
- SolarCell Remote can be charged using your home's lighting or USB
- Ambient Mode+ helps the TV blend into your room when it's wall-mounted, or shows screen savers featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield):
- with stand: 56-7/8"W x 35-1/4"H x 10-5/8"D
- without stand: 56-7/8"W x 32-3/4"H x 3/4"D
- stand footprint: 14-3/8"W x 10-5/8"D
- weight: 63.9 lbs. with stand; 41.7 lbs. without stand
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 300mm
What's in the box:
- Samsung QN65S95C owner's manual
- 65" OLED TV
- Slim One Connect Box
- 8' One Connect Cable
- 1' One Connect Cable
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal bracket
- Slim One Connect Box mounting bracket
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (BN59-01432A)
- Eight M4x12mm screws
- 4 Wall-mount spacers
- 3 Hanger-bolts
- 2 Button-screws
- Plastic clip
- Self-adhesive channel guide
- Slim One Connect Box cover-panel
- Unpacking & Installation Guide
- User Manual
- Smart Remote Instructions
- Important Safety Precautions