About the JVC DLA-NZ9R
Are you creating the ultimate home theater? JVC's flagship DLA-NZ9R is built with hand-selected components to deliver a stunning picture — perfect for a cinephile's custom install. It delivers native 4K/HDR images, and its laser light source offers enough brightness to fill screens up to 300 inches. It also displays 8K video images, thanks to two HDMI 2.1 inputs and JVC's new 8K e-shiftX technology.
Ready for the future
The DLA-NZ9R's HDMI 2.1 inputs can support 4K at 120Hz — great for gaming on the big screen. But they are also future-ready for the next generation of content when it arrives — 8K. While the imaging chips in this projector are natively 4K, they use an upgraded version of JVC's pixel-shifting technology called e-shiftX.
To display all the pixels needed for 8K, each frame of video is divided four ways, and they flash very rapidly one after another, with the pixels shifted in four diagonal directions. Your eyes perceive it as a single fluid image containing all of the original detail in the 8K video signal — over 35 million pixels.
The king of contrast
Contrast and black level are the two easiest picture characteristics to see, and JVC's D-ILA-based projectors excel at both. D-ILA stands for Digital Direct Drive Image Light Amplifier. The ‘NZ9R has three D-ILA chips — one each for the red, green, and blue primary colors. When combined with JVC's BLU-Escent laser phosphor light source and newly designed high-contrast optical block, they produce exceptional native contrast.
Automatic HDR adjustments
HDR (High Dynamic Range) expands overall picture contrast range with deeper blacks and brighter highlights. It also makes colors pop. The DLA-NZ9R supports the HDR10 and HDR10+ formats, and automatically switches to the correct picture mode when it detects the HDR signal.
The 'NZ9R's Frame Adapt feature dynamically tone-maps all HDR10 content on a frame-by-frame basis for the best brightness, color, and detail. And JVC's new Theater Optimizer feature automatically fine-tunes the HDR based on your installation characteristics and projector settings. That means you can always count on seeing a balanced, natural-looking picture without having to fiddle with HDR settings each time.
The DLA-NZ9R's 100mm 18-element all-glass lens provides exceptional sharpness and edge-to-edge focus. Five special low-dispersion elements help suppress color irregularities and bleeding for a perfect picture in every area of the screen.
The motorized lens offers powered zoom, focus, and lens shift, to ensure pinpoint sizing and control of the image from the comfort of your viewing spot. The generous zoom and shift capabilities can easily accommodate most rooms.
- Three 0.69" D-ILA panels with Full Digital Cinema 4K resolution (4096 x 2160 pixels each)
- 4-phase 8K e-shiftX yields an 8K projected image (over 35 million pixels)
- 3rd-generation BLU-Escent laser diode/phosphor light engine delivers ultra-pure light with zero maintenance
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Theater Optimizer fine-tunes HDR based on projector settings and installation characteristics
- Frame Adapt automatically optimizes HDR10 image quality
- Widescreen 16:9/17:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- Recommended image size: 60" to 300"
- Light output: 3,000 lumens
- 100,000:1 native contrast ratio
- 18-element, 16-group all-glass 100mm lens provides superb sharpness and edge-to-edge focus
- Multiple Pixel Control image processor analyzes and optimizes images pixel by pixel
- Clear Motion Drive frame interpolation with Motion Enhance reduces blur and judder and makes motion look smoother
- Wide color gamut — covers 100% of DCI P3 standard
- Color management system with 6-axis matrix
- 3D-capable (requires JVC's PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter and PK-AG3 active RF 3D glasses, both sold separately)
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response with signals from PCs and game consoles
- 2X powered zoom/focus lens
- ±43% horizontal and ±100% vertical powered lens shift image adjustment
- 10-setting Installation Mode lets you easily customize picture settings/lens positions
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) for use in professional calibration
- Two HDMI 2.1 inputs
- Both inputs accept 8K/60p and 4K/120p signals
- Both inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible
- Use an HDMI 2.1 cable to ensure the best possible picture quality
- Does not support CEC (remote control via HDMI)
- RJ-45 LAN port for controlling the projector via a network connection
- USB Type-A input for firmware updates
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 3.5mm 12V trigger output for controlling a motorized screen or other device
- 3-pin mini-DIN connector for use with optional 3D sync emitter
- Detachable power cord
- Laser diode light source lasts up to 20,000 hours
- Ultra-quiet cooling fan (24 dB)
- This projector does not include a built-in TV tuner
- 19-3/4"W x 9-1/4"H x 22-3/4"D (includes allowance for cable connections)
- Weight: 55.7 lbs.
What's in the box:
- JVC DLA-NZ9R owner's manual
- Remote control (RM-MH27)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Lens cover
- User Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide