About the Sony HT-G700
A heightened soundstage
Traditionally the overhead effects of Atmos and DTS:X have been achieved with either in-ceiling speakers or upward-firing speakers that reflect sound back down to you. But if you want an easy, streamlined way to experience heightened surround sound, the HT-G700 is a great option. It uses digital processing — both DTS Virtual:X and Sony's own proprietary Vertical Surround Engine — to simulate those engaging height effects using only the sound bar's three front-firing speakers.
Dial in the right sound for you
Sometimes it's difficult to hear dialogue in shows and movies over the background noise. Sony's HT-G700 can help with that. In addition to a dedicated center channel, it has a "voice" mode that brings speech to the forefront so that you don't have to rewind your show to follow the plot.
The remote has some other cool options, including the "Immersive AE" button that converts stereo audio signals into more immersive surround sound. There's also independent volume control for the subwoofer.
The HT-G700 has 4K video pass-through with support for Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDR10, so you can get rich sound and picture quality with simple HDMI connections — one from your 4K video source to your sound bar and then one from your sound bar to your TV. It also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompromised audio signals — like Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
And Bluetooth is built-in, so you can wirelessly stream your favorite audio content right from your mobile device.
- 3-channel sound bar and wireless subwoofer
creates virtual 7.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Atmos and DTS:X decoding for heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- click "Immersive AE" (Audio Enhancement) button on remote control to convert stereo audio signals into immersive surround sound
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
allows pass-through of 4K and HDR content
- supports Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDR10 formats
- sound modes and effects include: auto, standard surround, cinema, music, night, and voice
3 built-in speakers
- includes center channel for clear dialogue
- built-in Dolby decoding, including Dolby TrueHD and Atmos
supports DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing for simulated object-based surround sound
- Sony's S-Force PRO/Vertical Surround Engine offers an immersive listening experience
- 38-5/8"W x 2-9/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- weight: 7.8 lbs.
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- AC power required, cord included
- independent subwoofer volume control (via remote)
- 7-5/8"W x 15-1/4"H x 17-3/8"D
- weight: 16.6 lbs.
Connections and general info:
1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output (one cable included)
- supports 4K/HDR video
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) or Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- optical digital audio input
- connect to compatible TVs with Bluetooth
- total system power: 400 watts
- remote control
What's in the box:
- Sony HT-G700 owner's manual
- Active soundbar speaker (SA-G700)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (SA-WG700)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- Remote control (RMT-AH507U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- Wall Mount Template