About the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A8A
Yamaha's flagship receiver is an A/V all-star
One A/V question I often hear is, "What's the best performance I can get without buying separate components for processing and amplification?" The answer is to go with a flagship-level home theater receiver like Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A8A.
The RX-A8A offers advanced decoding and processing, robust amplification, and exceptional room calibration. It's also simple to operate, thanks to Yamaha's superb control app for your phone or tablet.
High-quality sound, in one room or three
The RX-A8A has outputs for 13 speakers, and can power up to 11 at the same time.
Use all 11 channels in a 7.2.4 or 9.2.2 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X™ system. Or, go with a more conventional surround sound setup, and repurpose the extra channels for sound in up to two additional zones.
With 150 watts of power per channel, the RX-A8A can drive stand-mount, floor-standing, or custom-integrated speakers with authority.
Advanced video processing for movies and more
Yamaha made sure the RX-A8A is compatible with the latest video technology. All seven of its HDMI inputs support 4K/60Hz content — perfect for high-quality sources like a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player or an Apple TV.
Enjoy music from a variety of sources
You get plenty of options for playing music, too. Stream tunes from your phone or tablet through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Apple AirPlay 2. Or, use the built-in phono input to connect your turntable. You can even play high-resolution tracks from a USB thumb drive or networked computer.
As a bonus, the RX-A8A also supports wireless multi-room music playback when paired with additional MusicCast components.
Power and processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.06% THD, with 2 channels driven
- high slew rate design for clear, consistent performance across a wide frequency range
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for enveloping overhead sound effects
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization creates three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- Cinema DSP HD3 adds richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Surround:AI™ technology analyzes your content and creates optimal surround effects in real time
- H-shaped cross frame adds additional stability to the chassis while reducing vibrations
- YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) automatic speaker calibration
- included microphone helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) with multipoint measurement helps deliver smooth, well-balanced surround sound across different seating positions
Digital and streaming music options:
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- MusicCast wirelessly connects compatible Yamaha components together for seamless whole-home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free MusicCast app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control devices
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- three-room/three-source output
- amp assign function lets you use select speaker outputs in different configurations like bi-amping the front speakers, or for use in Zone 2 or 3
- using powered 2nd-room output allows 9.2-channel sound in main room
- cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone
- Zone 2 and 3 stereo preamp outputs for use with optional external amplifiers
- HDMI 2.1 audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- all HDMI connections support 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video content
- HDCP 2.3 technology ensures compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision®
- gaming-optimized video processing technologies for a smooth, lag-free gaming experience
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- eARC receives uncompressed surround sound signals including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via the HDMI connection with your compatible TV
- analog video inputs: 2 composite, 1 component
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- stereo balanced XLR connections: 1 input, 1 output
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- includes 2 line-level mono subwoofer outputs
- outputs for 13 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Presence L/R, Rear Presence L/R, Extra SP. L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 11 channels at once
- full-sized front-panel headphone jack